Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thunder Bird

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:39 AM

i dont know if i am posting this in the right area, but i am having small problems. i just installed mozilla thunder bird and i followed the online help, but when i try to send a message it says " unable to connect to SMTP server smtp" i am trying to use my yahoo account because a worker at best buy said it should work. i am trying to use my yahoo email address as my thunder bird email address. on the mozilla web site it says that you could use aol, but i dont know if i would have the same problem.
thanks for all the help... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:46 PM

Double check that you have entered the correct information when you set up the account in TB. Verify your entries against the information for POP Email provided by Yahoo Help. Right click on the account label and then click on properties to review.

Did you originally use OExpress to access the Yahoo account?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

no, i was just going in through the normal online yahoo mail. :thumbsup:

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:44 PM

TB has no effect on how you use your on-line Yahoo E-mail account. For TB to function, you must set up a POP E-mail account in TB; this will allow you to both receive and send Emails using the application on your computer instead of going on-line.
If I am misunderstanding you, please just tell us step-by-step what you are doing......and when you encounter this problem.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users