Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 greenhorn

greenhorn

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:29 AM

hi all
what a wonderful site you all have here! i've just joined and am already glad that i did.
about me: i'm from india and a writer by profession. i've recently switched to a windows based notebook (compaq V2317 - P4 centrino, 1.86 Ghz...) after having used macs all my life. and boy am i up against it! such a complex piece of machinery (i'm not saying it's bad or anything) and with my level of technical skill (read zilch) i'm completely stumped on a fairly regular basis. so now you can understand how a site like this can feel like a heaven sent to me.
once again a big hello to you all, and hope to interact more often with all.
cheers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:38 AM

Welcome to BC!
Going from Macs to PCs can be confusing, so take some spare time and read some of the Tutorials; they will get you "up to speed" on some of the Windows differences. Using Windows will require more attention to PC security, so make sure you have many layers, beginning with a firewall, an anti-virus, and several good spyware applications at hand.
Don't hesitate to post about any questions you may have.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:36 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! greenhorn.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic