Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell laptop Ram

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 afterwards

afterwards

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

I have a dell inspiron 6400 laptop running vista that I dropped about 2 feet yesterday. I tried booting up, but was taken to a diagnostics tool, which I ran. It gave me the error code 0123, or msg: error code 2000-0123. The memory integrity test failed. So I opened up the back and tried taking out and reseating the RAM module, and I tried switching their positions. Each one is 1gb, and 512mb is the min. Nothing worked.

So my question is, can I fix this by buying a 1gb ram and replacing one of the current modules? Or is the problem something else? Is it still possible for me to salvage my word files?

If the problem is the socket--is there a fix, or do I need to replace the motherboard?

I would appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Edited by afterwards, 06 January 2012 - 11:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

your motherboard could potentially be bent. I would take it to a service center, and there are several typed of memory on a computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users