Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 Kernel Power Errors

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TiredOfEventViewer

TiredOfEventViewer

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hey all, I was hoping that someone could help me with my little issue here. I tried the Microsoft forums and (big surprise here) they were no help, and their only suggestion --rolling back the service pack-- apparently changed nothing. Here is the problem: Every 5-10 days or so I am getting Kernel-Power errors (Event ID 41) which give me the dreaded blue screen of death. It is a box I built myself, but I have switched out a few parts and am pretty sure that it is not a hardware issue. I uninstalled the Asus EPU software that I thought might be interfering with Windows power management but to no avail. After getting some advice on the Microsoft forums (in the hopes that there would be a relevant hotfix or the like) I rolled back Win7 to pre-SP1, which seemed like it was working for a couple of weeks until last night when it happened again. I am including the event message that pops up each time on reboot but no other logs until they are asked for.

Can anyone give me a hand on this one? I cannot get this bug to go away. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention, the crash seems to generally occur when the computer is in sleep mode.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8006A45720
BCP3: FFFFF80004933518
BCP4: FFFFFA800A59D410
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\010512-16005-01.dmp
C:\Users\[My Name]\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-52728-0.sysdata.xml

Edited by TiredOfEventViewer, 05 January 2012 - 03:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hi and Welcome -
Windows Kernel event ID 41 error in Windows I assume that M/soft directed you to this link first -

Thank You -

#3 TiredOfEventViewer

TiredOfEventViewer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Yep, it is scenario one listed on the link as the power button was never pushed (value 0) and there is a non-zero value for the bug check parameters. I have not gotten any help on the debugging front that has kept the problem from re-occurring though.

And yeah, you found the exact page they sent me to back in September when this all started

#4 TiredOfEventViewer

TiredOfEventViewer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Everything converted to hex: (which I think it was already listed in with the event viewer)
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0x3
BCP2: 0xfffffa8006a45720
BCP3: 0xfffff80004933518
BCP4: 0xfffffa800a59d410

#5 TiredOfEventViewer

TiredOfEventViewer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

Bump -- Anyone else have any ideas?

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:54 AM

Have you had a test done on the PSU yet ??
I have noted another cause of this is Overclocking or Failure of the Power supply.
Do you have a spare, good, PSU to replace the current one with.

Can you list your current installed Power Supply Unit (Name, Model, and size).
There is a download test I am looking for that will show if the unit is wavering or failing at all.

Thank You -

#7 TiredOfEventViewer

TiredOfEventViewer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Sure. I am currently using a Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M (1000w). I do not have a spare PSU at the moment but conveniently my gf is building herself a new machine and her PSU should get here in a day or two. As a note, I am currently not OCing anything. I disabled the built in OC features on my CPU (AMD Phenom II X4 965e), Mobo (Asus M4A87TD EVO), and GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570) when I was dealing with the Microsoft techs and I have not turned any of it back on.

Thanks again for your quick response!!!

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

the crash seems to generally occur when the computer is in sleep mode.

Hi -
Can you disable the sleep mode for a while, as this, combined with your ASUS m/b has been a known cause of the error.
Broni (BC Advisor) has asked for this in other posts, and I think the result was good then.

I have never used sleep or hibernate mode on any unit I have used, if I am finished I just turn it off.
At the end of each day I turn everything off at the wall socket, and do not turn it on until I need it again.

Thank you -

#9 TiredOfEventViewer

TiredOfEventViewer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Ok, I can do that. Am I just turning it off temporarily or can I just not use sleep mode anymore? Thanks!

#10 TiredOfEventViewer

TiredOfEventViewer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

Just once more -- bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users