Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows & IE9

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hattah

hattah

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Is there a safe way to shut off/disable IE9. I use FF 3.6 and would like to see IE9 out of my processes that are running.
Thanks for any help you can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

How is IE9 being intrusive as a browser especially when not being launched? For one, you could just remove it.

Tekken

#3 hattah

hattah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

I never use it. And it is still part of my processes running at any given time. It has been my understanding that completely removing it probably isn't a good thing to do. But I know you can shut it off so thought I would. I know the option is in programs but the only info I have is that you can do it with no trouble for IE8 probably doesn't make a difference but I like to be careful.

As far as issues.....as long as it isn't functioning, which it seems to be, I have no problem. I am a Firefox user and have been for 4 or 5 yrs now. The difference between the two browsers became really obvious to me in the past year. I have to use IE at work and I have more troubles and speed issues with that than I have had w/FF.

For the most part I just don't want to look at the task manager and see it chewing up space.

gmail has been throwing all my mail into all mail folder never found your post until this evening.
Thanks for your input :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users