Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Still Looking For Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bob-E

bob-E

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:14 AM

Hi still looking for help w/my printer driver install problem.Please see page 2.Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:05 AM

This is too vage. Could you provide a link or describe your problem again?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 bob-E

bob-E
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:59 PM

I'm running windows 98 and it won't install printer drivers.I have a post in this forum,which is now back on page 2,titled printer drivers.Someone started to help me w/this but they never replied again.I was hoping to re-kindle interest from this person(or anyone else).

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:24 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ndpost&p=235184

I think that link will tie these together.

Installation CDs that are provided can sometimes conflict with windows "New Hardware Wizard".
Maybe drivers are in place now that win98 chose already.
Or old drivers still in place on your PC from previously installed printers?
Details about the exact sequence of what prompts appear on the CD and how they are answered help.
Were there reboots? If so, any message popup?

I'd do the same thing you did, uninstall it all and start over.
I've used devices that include in the directions "don't use the wizard", or explain the technique
of locating the driver files by browsing the install CD and providing the windows wizard with
the exact location of the driver files at some point in it's progression of events/prompts.

Some installations require that you install drivers first, then the related software.
It can be a pain ...
Unless I knew what exact printer and it's model number to go with the specs you posted on your PC,
I'd likely suggest what I've often done when encountering this sorta problem ...
plug in the printer and see if the windows 98 even recognizes it,
without the CD in the tray,
with none of the software installed yet,
after knowing where on that install CD the right drivers are located,
by the exact name. (some install CDs have drivers for different versions of windows)

Then I'd determine what next to try. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#5 bob-E

bob-E
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:39 AM

Ok,First printer is an HP 1210aio.When first installed everything went fine.Put the disc in,it runs,it installs,printer works fine.Then printer doesn't print.theres a backlog of documents to print.Suggested fix is a re-install.I do that and again everythings fine.Then I'm having a prob w/computer waking up.Have to re-boot all the time.Find out it could be printer.Suggested fix?You guessed it re-install.Then problems start.Back&forth w/HP support no luck.Decide to get new printer want to upgrade anyway.Epson RX620.Same problem will install misc software(photo ed.scanner,etc)but not printer driver(s).Both printers will act as scanners but not printers because the drivers are not installed???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users