Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which laptop should I buy?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 abbyisme

abbyisme

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

I'm buying a new laptop and I want one that will meet all my requirements as well as being fairly inexpensive.
I'm from New Zealand so if you know of any good laptops that you can buy online that also ship to N.Z that would be great.
These are the things that are absolute musts for me:
500 GB hard drive
4 GB RAM
Fairly good graphics (Enough to play games like The Sims 3 and Age of Empires without any glitches)
...and the price I'm going for would be under $800 NZD (Around $630 USD), not sure if this is possible for these requirements though.
Thank you :)

Edited by hamluis, 05 January 2012 - 10:17 AM.
Moved from Vista to Buying New Computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bitesized1612

bitesized1612

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

I've had an Acer Aspire for nearly 4 years. Good sturdy machine, affordable prices, upgradable, parts are easy to find if you need to replace them. Here is their website: http://www.acer.com/worldwide/selection.html :thumbsup: Hope you find exactly what you need!

Edited by bitesized1612, 05 January 2012 - 08:45 AM.

Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit) // HP EliteBook 8460p = 2.50GHz + 8GB RAM 

AVAST! - Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox - LibreOffice - Rainmeter

Currently Testing: Linux Mint 17.3 XFCE on a Dell Inspiron 531 (2.1Ghz +3GB RAM)

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,895 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

I'm curious...you posted this in the Vista forum...does that mean that you expect to buy a laptop running Vista, rather than Win 7?

Louis

#4 Linda.Christ

Linda.Christ

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

Processor plays a vital role in determining the performance of the laptop. If you are using laptop for gaming purpose, you should opt for high-end processor like Intel i5,i7 for better performance.

#5 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:02 AM

Games are more bound to the graphics card then the cpu. There are very few games at out there that uses more of the processor then the graphics.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#6 Mr.Ninja

Mr.Ninja

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

I've had an Acer Aspire for nearly 4 years. Good sturdy machine, affordable prices, upgradable, parts are easy to find if you need to replace them. Here is their website: http://www.acer.com/worldwide/selection.html :thumbsup: Hope you find exactly what you need!

Same, I've had an Aspire for a year and a half now (250 GB HDD, 2?4? GB RAM) and it works great. Not the best for gaming though... but you can get better now (I think).
If life gives you a melon... you might be dyslexic.

I'm a ninja, you see me somewhere in the for-

Picture this, you're on an empty beach, scanning it, and you think Wow, this would be a great place for a ninja vaca-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users