Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My PC is not Shutting down Properly.. Why?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Linda.Christ

Linda.Christ

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

I express this problem some times..... I am using XP....When shutting down my PC... it shows Shutting down and it will hang.... When restarting the system.. it is scan the hard drive... Does anyone knows, what exactly the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

I will try to tidy your question up a bit - -

I express this problem some times.....
I am using XP....
When shutting down my PC... it shows Shutting down and it will hang....
When restarting the system..
it is scan the hard drive... Does anyone knows, what exactly the problem?

I think this is how you wanted to post your question ??
You sound like you are getting a (Check disk) chkdsk scan at start up each time -
Run a Full scan by typing chkdsk /r into your Run Box and press OK - Note the gap between "k and /"

Let the scan go to the end and do not try to stop it
This can take about 1 hour or more, IMPORTANT - do not try to stop it from running -
Next run your Defrag program from Accessories > System Tools and note how much Free Space you have available -

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 05 January 2012 - 07:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users