Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plz Help! Sound,desktop,and Opening Programs Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1 Mafia 1

1 Mafia 1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:54 AM

Ok one day i had sound and i had regular sound, desktop items, and everything until i messed around with the hardware profile things in the control panel and now i have no sound at all for example on Aim whenever i would IM somebody it would make a beep sound i know i have a sound card installed becuase it did work for a long time until i messed around with the hardrive profile, and also my computer doesnt display any of my desktop itoms or put any icons on there and i cant open the control panel when i click it it will freeze for a little bit and i could move the mouse again plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:23 AM

You forgot to mention your OS.
Without knowing what you changed it will be almost impossible to reverse the changes.
Sorry but you will need to norrow the problem down a little & explain what & where you made changes, was it in the Sound Devices, Administrative Services or somewhere else.

General Rule
I it ain't broke don't fix it.... :thumbsup:

#3 1 Mafia 1

1 Mafia 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:04 AM

ok i remember i had a profile named profile 1 then i made another 1 and i accidently erased profile 1 and then when i rebooted my comp my sound was gone

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:33 PM

Try adding another user account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users