Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant uninstall a demo game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

Hi there i am cleaning up my computer and getting rid of files i dont need and came across a game demo i installed around 6 months ago and have tried to remove it from the add/remove section and i am getting an error of"An installation support file could not be installed the system cannot find the file specified"I have been to the search section and typed in my game title and deleted it from there and also been in to programs and been to a file folder that was in there and deleted it from there also. But its stuck in add/remove.I am wondering if anyone knows how to delete it from the add and remove section.Regards Grassy

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

Have you thought of trying REVO Uninstaller free version

#3 grassy

grassy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

PERFECT,all done. Thanks a heap. First time i have ever seen this program, it works real good. Nothing like getting in to your registry to getting to the root of the problem. You wouldnt believe what it was listed under, no wonder i couldnt find it. The program recognized it straight away and was there in front of me. It worked great. I dont know much about this program but its worth learning how to use it properly as it saves so much time and fussing around. Definately going to buy this one.:thumbup2: All the same if you dont know your files you can easily get into a lot of bother with this sort of thing, but i'm not complaining as i got rid of the darn thing. Thanks again bro and kind regards Grassy :thumbsup:

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

No problems - :)

It is always nice to get the results posted back when something works.
Please be careful with the tool, and do not just delete stuff everywhere -

Regards -

Edited by noknojon, 05 January 2012 - 07:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users