Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer continually reboots

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kedwinbrohl

kedwinbrohl

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

Can only start the computer in safe mode or safe mode with networking or command prompt.
Starting computer normally it will either blue screen, log on temporarily and then reboot or it will just keep rebooting unless I go to safe mode. Tried last known good config, have run malwarebytes, house calls, gmer and one for mbr. The mbr log came back with copy of mbr found on sector 60! I have tried various tech sites for help and removed many viruses, trojans and malwares. Everything seems to point to a corrupt Bootini. I followed steps for correcting that with windows recovery console but still the same problem. i go to msconfig and the bootini seems corrupted. there's a copy of the bootini that says : /noexecute=optin
between Windows XP Home Edition and /fastdetect. there;s nothing under boot loader and the timeout says =3.
Has anyone dealt with this before? Can I some how delete this or do I need to take the computer in. I am a novice at best but if I could get some help or guidance perhaps I can tackle this myself.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users