Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Never Beeps?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 slyfox

slyfox

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:41 PM

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what maybe wrong with my computer,when i turn it on everything sounds like it is running but nothing ever beeps and screen doesnt come on,is it a bad cpu or motherboard?or something else.any help would be grateful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:08 AM

You may want to try a different video card. I had this happen to me and I ended up returing the mobo and I'm pretty sure I didn't need to so it was just wasted time. If the mobo was fried nothing would happen at all and what happens when the CPU fries is the system will just keep trying to power on then power off and power on. Also, you may need to hook the power connector up tp your video card.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#3 slyfox

slyfox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:26 AM

okay i switched the video card still no beeps,everything seems to be run power supply fan is on,cpu fan is on cd drive runs,just no beeps.

#4 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:36 AM

Strange, I'm going to guess that you have your monitor hooked up and it just stays in "orange" mode. Have you had this machine for awhile or is this a brand new build?
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#5 slyfox

slyfox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:44 AM

i've just been upgraded it a little at a time,the amd xp 1700 cpu is about 2 years old the motherboard is about a year old,the video card is about a year old,i've tryed different jumpers and ram,no help,still wont beep,installed new battery.i'm just stumped,hate to halve to rebuild again,don't know whether to buy new cpu or motherboard or both.

#6 slyfox

slyfox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:49 AM

This started happening after I added a new cdrw drive,since then i put the old drive back in but didnt help,but i didnt figure it would

#7 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:41 AM

I don't know, strip it down to the bare minimum (mobo, cpu, video card, and one stick of RAM) See if you can get it post then. I'm sorry this had to happen to you it's a real pain.
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#8 slyfox

slyfox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:59 AM

I removed everything else still no change,thanks for all your help,guess i'll just have to buy a new combo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users