Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Amazon customer, building computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skorbin

skorbin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hey guys, I know how to assemble a computer and everything. I've just been out of the game when it comes to hardware and everything. I already have a 1TB harddrive from the current system, but I was hoping someone could link me to some quality parts. My budget is at 800 USD (remember, no harddrive), and it will be used for gaming/media.

Amazon links please, im a premier customer there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

What games, please?

Louis

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

For mid-range gaming, there are some options:

Case: NZXT ZERO 2 Crafted Series Steel Full Tower Chassis - This is great for large graphics cards and other high-end hardware. $89

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 - This will take AM3/AM3+ CPU's, allows for Crossfire, and has USB 3.0. This is in stock and ships for free at Newegg. $99

Graphics Card: DIAMOND 6870PE51GB Radeon HD 6870 1GB - This is a solid mid-range graphics card. This is in stock and less expensive at Newegg. $174 (Before $10 mail-in rebate)

Power Supply: ENERMAX NAXN ENP550AWT 550W - This is a good power supply if you are using a single graphics card. If you think you will be doing Crossfire, you may want a higher capacity unit. This is available from a third party seller at Amazon. I strongly suggest not using third parties when purchasing components, as such, this is at Newegg. $64

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz - This is a six-core CPU part of the Bulldozer line. $159

RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - This should be enough memory for most of your uses. This is far less expensive at Newegg. $45

ODD: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD Burner, Bulk Package Black SATA Model AD-7280S-0B - A basic drive that is less expensive at Newegg. $20

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM - You need this. This costs the same and ships for free at both Newegg and Amazon. $99

Aftermarket Cooler: XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 - Quiet and cool, this is an excellent air cooler. This is less expensive at Newegg. $34

Grand Total: $800 (Before taxes, rebates, and shipping, all parts from Newegg.)

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users