Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\{10012~1.EXE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dahoopd

dahoopd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hello,

I hope I placed this question in the right area. I presently have this error (C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\{10012~1.EXE) pop up upon starting my PC. If I click OK on it (only option) it locks up the PC and I cant do anything. As long as I leave it up I can continue to use my pc as normal. I am not the smartest when it comes to PC's, If it doesn't have a 5-speed in it, I cant fix it.

Could someone give me some ideas how to get rid of this annoying problem. I have updated and ran Malwarebytes but it doesnt recognize any issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Damian

Edited by hamluis, 04 January 2012 - 09:39 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

It's not unusual to receive such an error(s) when "booting up" after using anti-virus and other security scanning tools to remove a malware infection.

A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to a malware file that was set to run at startup in the registry but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry still remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.
  • Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there.
    Vista/Windows 7 users refer to these instructions.
  • Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
  • When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
  • Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
  • If found, right-click on the entry and choose delete.
  • Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.
If you're going to keep and use Autoruns, be sure to read:
Edit: Fixed broken download link.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 dahoopd

dahoopd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

Hello,

I may be doing something wrong but when I click on the autorun it directs me to a Microsoft page. The unzip link you added doesn't work either. It may just be that I am a complete moron when it comes to PC's

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

Microsoft has updated and changed a lot of their links. Looks like they did the same for Autoruns. Try this one.

The extract (unzip) link just goes to this How to Tutorial.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/extract-zip-files-in-windows-me-xp-2003/
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users