Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows is hanging???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nbtech_2001

nbtech_2001

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Every time I start my computer and login I see my desktop but the classic windows chimes don't belt out until about 2-3 min later. I am able to open a few things like documents but not really programs. Sometimes It will hang for a few seconds sometimes 5 min and a few times not at all? I've had this problem for a long time and just ignored it, grabbing a coffee and letting the blast of noise let me know windows is ready...This happen to anyone else?

Thanks for any info on this, I'm hoping it's an easy fix....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

No installation required.

Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.

Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.

You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

Posted Image

Attach the file to your next reply.

Compliments of Broni

#3 nbtech_2001

nbtech_2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

I will do that right away, Thanks!

#4 nbtech_2001

nbtech_2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Here it is...

Attached Files

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "AcronisTimounterMonitor" "Monitor for Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer" "Acronis" "c:\program files\seagate\discwizard\timountermonitor.exe"
+ "APSDaemon" "Apple Push" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\common files\apple\apple application support\apsdaemon.exe"
+ "DivXUpdate" "DivX Update" "" "c:\program files\divx\divx update\divxupdate.exe"
+ "iTunesHelper" "iTunesHelper" "Apple Inc." "c:\ituneshelper.exe"
+ "M-Audio Taskbar Icon" "M-Audio FW Tray Application" "Avid Technology, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\mafwtray.exe"
+ "MAFWTaskbarApp" "M-Audio FW Tray Application" "Avid Technology, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\mafwtray.exe"
+ "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)" "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" "Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbam.exe"
+ "NvCplDaemon" "NVIDIA Display Properties Extension" "NVIDIA Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\nvcpl.dll"
+ "nwiz" "NVIDIA nView Wizard, Version 120.95 " "NVIDIA Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\nwiz.exe"
+ "QuickTime Task" "QuickTime Task" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\quicktime\qttask.exe"
+ "TkBellExe" "RealNetworks Scheduler" "RealNetworks, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\real\update_ob\realsched.exe"

Uncheck the above after rerunning autoruns.

#6 nbtech_2001

nbtech_2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

will do...It looks as though I have to many startup items? and that's why things are hanging at startup? I'll restart and see how it goes I'm assuming after unchecking these..Thanks.

#7 nbtech_2001

nbtech_2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

Well, a few restarts and it seems to be loading up a lot faster..thanks again

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

You are welcome. You can go back and recheck one item at a time till the issue is found. I would remove Real Player completely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users