Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clock

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gregoryd

gregoryd

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:33 PM

How can my system's clock lose an hour ( it's 9:30 and the clock reads 8:30 even though I reset it this morning) while the computer is turned on all day. The battery is for "off time" and back up, isn't it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyclica

Cyclica

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:56 PM

I was having the same problem with my puter. Late 1 hour all the time, until I switched from time.windows.com to time.nist.gov as my internet time server in Date and time properties (double clic on the clock). Never knew what exactly was the problem :thumbsup:.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:36 PM

You may have it set to the wrong time zone.

If the CMOS battery was bad it could loose time too, but if it's exactly one hour it's probably set to the wrong time zone.

#4 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:33 AM

It might be your CMOS battery. You should go into BIOS and check to make sure that the time set in there is the correct time too.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users