Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Reformat / Reinstall XP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BillBurns

BillBurns

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

At 9am I found I had the XP2012 virus

By 11am, thanks to the excellent advice here, I had disabled it and hopefully removed it.

By 11.30 it was clear that I also had the Google redirect virus. More searching on this forum led me to download and run the Kaspersky fix via another PC

By 12pm the fix had detected, cured and wanted a reboot. Reboot led to an endless boot-loop. Disabling automatic restart showed a Stop 0x0000007B error.

By 5pm, after trying every bit of online advice I could find, without getting any further, I resigned myself to a re-install, even if it meant losing everything. Put the Windows XP disc in the drivem, waited a long time for drivers to load, then presented with the same blue screen error. I can't even get as far as the Recovery Console.

It's now 8pm and I have run out of online advice to follow. Suffice to say I've had better days (grrrrrr)

Any help greatly apperciated

edit: Don't know if it's a related problem, but the laptop seems to be running extremely hot.

==========================
Hewlett Packard HP Elitebook 8730w
IntelCore 2 Duo T9800
2.93GHz
4096MB RAM

Edited by hamluis, 04 January 2012 - 05:17 PM.
Moved from XP to Am i infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users