Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Modem/Router combo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mhoss49

mhoss49

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

I have an Actiontec modem/router combo. I only have 2 devices I would like to have wireless connection. First is an HP Photosmart Premium C 309g-m Printer and the other is a settop box named ROKU used for streaming to my TV. When I first bought the printer 2/13/2010 I set on table, went through wireless wizard and it found the router with no problem. Couple days later lost it. The Roku box was wifi until fall last year and it quit. I contacted Roku and Techs. tried to correct with me via phone.....no good. They sent me a replacement and same result. On the phone with tech. without wifi connection. They are both operating fine with ethernet connection, but that defeats the wifi capability I was going for. I have tried everything I can read and try to correct the Actiontec settings. I wouldn't doubt if I tried another wifi device the result probable be same. Too the point that I am wondering if I can get another Router and ethernet to the Actiontec modem/router combo and use that router. Or do I need to buy a new modem and a router (not combo). If I can get by just buying a new router, how do I know what to get and will it work on both devices? Will the devices give me a choice of routers? My ISP is AT&T DSL. Is there a router brand that seams to be the best? I have only had a computer for 4 years and at&t started me with their 2wire modem/router combo until it quit and that is why I wound up buying another combo from radio shack. I also want to mention that when I was trying wifi connections that router and devices are only a couple feet away from router. Thank You for your service mhoss49

Edited by mhoss49, 04 January 2012 - 02:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users