Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access vista recovery partition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 protheus

protheus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hello, im in desperate need of help, my computer started acting up a couple of days ago, suspecting that it was a virus, i run Microsoft Security Essentian and Malwarebytes, they found a couple of infections an cleared it, after restarting my computer i got a blue screen right at the windows log on screen. Thinking that the virus my had damage some of my video drivers, i logged in to safe mode,and now is that things started to get weird. My Administrator account is completely gone, and even if i reactivate it, once i re-starte my computer it desapear again, thinking that i had something on my start up, i created a new account and deleted my old one, but again, upon restarting my computer, the new account is gone and the old one is back again, and all the changes made in the computer are gone, bringing it back to the point were the virus was removed. I figure that a factory restore would solve the problem, but when trying to access the restore partition tru the windows " repair my computer" option on the start up, i get prompted to enter my user id and password, but none of my users seem to be valid, can someone please help me, im desperate lol.

Edited by hamluis, 04 January 2012 - 03:51 PM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ejvariety

ejvariety

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

If you can get a copy of Spybot Search and Destroy (free) and get it loaded. I would run it (with the internet off and after update)then go to start menu, programs, maintenance, and do a system restore.
I don't think it will do any good to change accounts and I would run msconfig and see whats in the startup.

Edited by ejvariety, 04 January 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#3 protheus

protheus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:04 AM

It found a couple of adware and deleted some cookies from internet explorer, but the problem still the same

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users