Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using an old case? Screw holes stripped.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 printerandink

printerandink

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

Is there anything that can be done about stripped out screw holes in an old case?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

I normally just throw them away, easier.

However I have had some success depending on how and which holes are stripped.

If the were just punched through the metal and still have metal sticking up on the other side of the metal You could try using something like wire cutters and using them to crimp the metal towards the center of the hole to tighten it up.

Otherwise you could take some copper wire in bend it into a U shape so that it goes through the hole and has some on each side of the metal to tighten up the hole. I suggest copper since it is soft but not to soft. Either way gentle tighten or you'll be back where you were. Something about the size of solid core phone wire.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users