Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Switching between PC monitor & HDTV & audio issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Venek

Venek

• Members
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi, I think this is where I post my problems...

I just got my mini-HDMI to HDMI cable from monoprice today and was eager to test it out and connected my video card to the HDTV. I'm happy that it works, period.

What bothers me just a little bit is that I can't seem to find a way to switch between displays as I intend to use the HDTV for gaming and streaming media. The extended display doesn't work out well because of this, nor does duplication because that changes my monitor's rez from 1900 x 1200 to 1900 x 1080 to match my HDTV, or is that really the only way it's going to work and I'll have to change that mode every time I want to play a game or watch some show on my HDTV?

Also, I'm confused about the audio. It works fine, it's piped through to the HDTV, except I have a 2.1 stereo system hooked up to it and connected to my receiver via digital optical audio port. The sounds play through my TV speakers, but not my stereo speakers plus subwoofer. Did I miss something?

Thanks!
UberGeeks of the world...UNITE!

Uh guys? Wanna take your eyes off that screen for a second? Raise the mice? Battle cry?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users