Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blasting out apple garbage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ltdave

ltdave

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

okay, some of you like apple stuff, some of you hate apple stuff and some just tolerate it...

i can respect that. i fall into the middle category...

my wife put itunes on her win7 machine so she can put music on our daughters ipod...

apple in its infinite wisdom decided for us that we needed safari, apple application support, apple mobile device support, apple software update, bonjour, icloud, mobileme control panel and of course itunes...

ive already removed safari but what of the other programs can i remove/delete without affecting the itunes program?

thanks in advance...

moderators. my apologies if im in the wrong forum. im not very good at categorizing for this site...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jardon Tech Training

Jardon Tech Training

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

I've wondered this before. But i never bothered uninstalling any of them. They don't really cause any problems just sitting there. Would still be interested to know though so i'll keep an eye on this thread.

#3 Rahiel

Rahiel

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

As far as I know, the only thing you'll need to run iTunes is the Apple Software Update and Apple Application Support, iCloud and MobileMe control panels are only useful if you have an iCloud/MobileMe account. You can definitely uninstall Safari.

Bonjour is used for discovering shared devices and network sharing iTunes library, unless you plan on sharing it shouldn't cause any harm if you uninstall it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users