Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After combofix cant connect to internet tcp/ip problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 steveorino

steveorino

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

My computer won't connect to the internet even though wireless is showing connection on bottom right of screen, wired connection also working but not seen by computer. I receive either a tcp/ip error or winsock error. Worked fine before combofix, was removing xp security 2012. Running windows xp professional on Dell.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. When issues arise with new malware infections or other security tools conflicting with ComboFix, experts are aware of them and can advise users what should or should not be done while providing assistance. Those attempting to use ComboFix on their own do not have such information and are at risk when running the tool in an unsupervised environment. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here.

What specific issues are you having that requires using ComboFix?

Compliments of QuietMan7

Please follow the instructions in ==>Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

Most importantly please be patient till you get a reply to your topic.

#3 steveorino

steveorino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for the lecture on Combofix, would have been more helpful before i ran it. Seems like many people are having the same problem currently, is there no way to use system restore console to repair changes combofix could have made. I only have 1 computer at home, the one that won't connect, so i have to drive to work to get on this message board and then i dont have access to home computer.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

Well you can explain in your post to the MRT You can then include your combofix. At this point doing a system restore could potentially reinfect you.

#5 steveorino

steveorino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

Don't know what an MRT is? These forums don't seem to be very helpful to the computer illiterate like myself, It seems like a very common problem but there are many opinions on how to try and fix and none seem to work. I will continue to search for an answer, someone has surely solved the tcp/ip, winsock problem already.

Mod Edit: MRT stands for Malware Response Team. You were previously advised to post a malware log, the MRT are the personnel who handle such. Malware issues are NOT worked in this forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 03 January 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#6 Ed_Zipper

Ed_Zipper

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

What about WinSockXp Fix? I cures many connection problems I have had with infected machines.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

Don't know what an MRT is? These forums don't seem to be very helpful to the computer illiterate like myself, It seems like a very common problem but there are many opinions on how to try and fix and none seem to work. I will continue to search for an answer, someone has surely solved the tcp/ip, winsock problem already.

The Mrt is malware removal team. This is great for all user levels and experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users