Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help required

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bethanytogo

Bethanytogo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hello All.
I took my old computer which has Windown XP, back to factory as it was chocker block and worked very slowly.
Now I have problems like, my sound has gone?? and it wont accept my sound driver?
It tells me my browser is very old but I cant download Google Chrome (which was on it before) it comes up with an error code.
And it wont let me put my McAffe back on as it says my browser is out of date??
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Beth

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

might i suggest going to start/all programs and click the windows update icon near the top ,good luck

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 KiKiDiKi

KiKiDiKi

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:55 AM

might i suggest going to start/all programs and click the windows update icon near the top ,good luck

Also, if you're not quite ready to update windows and such yet, then you can just update Internet Explorer to an acceptable version to download you're browser of choice, then use said browser to download others, ie virus protection, then hit the windows/microsoft update button and do a custom update, include all important/recommended updates, look through optional updates and hardware updates for things like drivers and their updates and fixes. This is the way I get back up and running after an unexpected full reinstall, but I try my best to keep installers around for the very important drivers, updates and other programs, like my browser, yes it has to connect and download the actual files, they aren't included in the install exe, but at least I know that if I have an internet connection (I also keep the drivers disk for my wifi card very handy) I can get my preferred browser up and running right away.

Hope this was helpful, if not this time then maybe next time, and goodluck. :)
http://thereconcilecenter.proboards.com/index.cgi

Meow :) Go There it's cool. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:03 AM

What happens prior to the problem and did you reinstall Win XP after this occurances?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users