Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

black screens, someone please help.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jrub19

jrub19

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

Hello everyone,

so i just bought new comp essentially trying build my first computer. i got everything put together got the OS running, updated drivers. this is all without my videocard in though. which is the gtx 480. the reason i didnt have it in is because it kept giving me black screen, no display at all. i figure it was due to not having updated drivers so i just used the on board graphics from mobo. as soon as i updated everything and tried to install my vcard the same problem persisted. black screens. i could hear my computer boot up everything sounded normal.

(this is without my videocard) also my screen began to flicker whenever i was in bios really bad. and when i would enter windows i ended up change the resolution down from 1920x1080, to i think down to 1280x1024. if i had the resolution to high it was begin to flicker and when i had it to low it would flicker again.

i tried removing the ram to different ram, reinstalling windows and drivers, swithcin HDs and tried running dvi hmdi and vga. Ive also tested the videocard on another motherboard and it works fine.

computer parts
mobo: asus p8z68-v lx
ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (running 1600)
cpu:i5 2500k (w/ cooler master hyper 212 heatsink)
psu: 800 corsair
SSD: 60 corsair (force)
HD: 320 WD
dvd drive: LG
case: COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1

Please any input is greatly appreciated!

thanks jrub19

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

Hi, acording to the M/B manual you need to select the video configuration. Page 2-19 of the manual heading System Agent Configuration. Here is the link http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68V_LX/#download
This has happend to me in the past so what you could try is to shut down the PC, install the video card, follow the instructions on page 1-26 Heading "jumpers" and boot the PC to see if it reconises the card.
Also there is an important bios update for this board but please be aware that bios updates can go wrong and could render your M/B baord dead.
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users