Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Salutations And Things Of That Nature

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DrStoli

DrStoli

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

Hello good sirs and madams,

This site has long been one of my most trusted resources for tackling computer problems, and I'd like to begin by thanking the admins and volunteers who have made life easier for myself and so many others over the years by donating their time and expertise. Your efforts are much appreciated. Gold stars all around.

A brief history: I grew up on a farm in the middle of nowhere, very much removed from the tumultuous workings of modern society. I was a nerdy kid with too much free time on my hands, which eventually led me down a long and winding path of criminal enterprise and general degeneracy. I managed to squander the better part of a decade before my hair started turning grey, at which point I promptly renounced the majority of my vices and began to focus my attention on my long-time passion for computers. I'm now A+/Network+ certified and studying for my Security+ while also pursuing a degree in Information Systems and attempting to learn Java in the small amount of spare time I have left over. My goal is to establish a career sufficient to support the 10-12 children I intend to have.

A slice of the gory details: My sense of humor is most often very dry and facetious, unless I'm having a particularly good day. I'm somewhat of an idiot savant, but probably only about 10% of it is the savant part. I'm a Pisces, but I've killed a lot of fish in my time so I'm not really sure what's up with that. My diet consists mainly of whole grain cereal and vodka, though rarely at the same time. I enjoy fine cigars and elevators, and very recently learned a powerful and rather costly lesson about combining the two. I abuse commas heavily, and cannot be truly satisfied with any sentence containing less than 3 of them, such as this one. My peripheral interests include philosophy and promiscuity, the former of which I have significant experience with. I'm a man of many hats, including one which is multicolored with a propeller on top. I answer to any number of names, many of which cannot be repeated in polite company, and suffer from intermittent debilitating xenophobia.

I think that about sums it up, or at the very least will have to suffice. I look forward to being a part of the community. I know that I can learn much here and I hope that over time I will be able to make some positive contribution. I hope you enjoyed my introduction, and thank you for reading it. We're going to be the very best of friends, I can already tell.

Sincerely,
Doctor Stoli

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

My diet consists mainly of whole grain cereal and vodka, though rarely at the same time.

But is the vodka made from whole grain cereal???

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users