Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Has anyone manage to install a 3tb boot drive?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dissension

Dissension

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

I bought a 3tb hdd and I failed miserably trying to install it. I had the ASUS UEFI, a 64bit windows 7, and I converted the disk to MBR to GBP via diskpart. But it still suffered with the legacy problem.

The HDD split in to three. One for Windows, Second was 7xxgb unanoccated, and the rest was for drive c.

It drove me insane, and finally I bought a dif hdd to act as a boot drive and the 3tb as storage. I should of planned it better and use multiply hdd from the start.

If the 3tb was installed I think i would loose 700gb.

Still....... It was an extremely frustrating matter I can never solved. Curious if anyone else manage to make it work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

Odd, usually windows allocates the boot drive to Drive C: what other hardware are you using? The hard drive should just work fine-instead of using third party partitioners, just install the hard drive into the computer (remove all others for sake of simplicity) and boot up using the windows disc, and use the windows disc manager assign your partitions, and see if that helps. If not, use one large partition. It will take longer to format it, but it makes it simple-you can add partitions later using disc management.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users