Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Internet Security 2012 Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zaxan

Zaxan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

I have looked at the full guide to fixing thing problem. I have all of the files on a flash drive, and ready to be used. But The guide doesn't say anything about how to run the FixNCR.reg. Of course I know to double click it.. But the virus wont let me merge the file to allow me to execute my other programs and actually begin to fix the problem. I've looked at the other threads about this topic but I haven't seen anything about my problem. It will ask me if I want to merge the file and fix the registry but that window only shows for a second, and I tried to spam click the ok button but it won't run it.

And it won't let me run it as an Admin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update**
---------

After my computer restarted enough times it randomly let me run malware bytes, I removed everything, restarted my computer, and followed the process of using, fixNCR.reg, ran rkill, ran tdss killer, which found and killed threats, and did one last full scan before I restarted again. But there are new problems now..

Edited by Zaxan, 03 January 2012 - 10:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users