Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Soud Suddenly Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hakrim

Hakrim

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hi, I'm sure this is not the most uncommon topic brought up on the sound and audio board but I checked and didn't see anything that sounded helpful - the audio on my laptop suddenly stopped working!

I was watching a youtube video with my headphones, all was going fine, I paused the video and walked away for a moment then came back and the sound no longer worked. I unplugged the headphones and still no. I tried restarting the computer and still no. I checked the device manager and it says my sound devices are working properly. Everything is unmuted.

I do recall this problem happening once of twice in the past and its always been when I had my headphones plugged in so I really think its got something to do with them or the jack. The problem always seemed to fix itself eventually and the sound would come back. I'd like to get this figured out and not have this problem anymore. Does anyone think this could be a hardware issue? My laptop is barely a year old. Its a Toshiba L655 running Windows 7.

Any tips or advice would be most appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hakrim

Hakrim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

***Update***

I shut my laptop down for the night and just tried it again this morning, the sound is now back.

I would still appreciate any tips/advice for what may be happening. I'm sure it will happen again. Restarting does not help but apparently shutting down over night does?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users