Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

very slow laptop

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kaido

kaido

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

I need to fix a laptop, which was brought to me, it is superslow for some reason, which i cant find why... But i recognized a weird process, which i cannot view right now, because im scanning with drweb (freedrweb.com cureit) and that has found already 1 adware/downware (softonic downloader). Antivirus - Avast free. Sometimes laptop even doesn't want to boot up, i made a diskcheck(sfc /scannow) already and everything seems to be fine. Later i will run malwarebytes.
Booting up takes like 10 mins... that is not normal...
Any help would be appreciated, thank you for help :)

Edited by kaido, 02 January 2012 - 08:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hello, let us know whats up after the scan.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 kaido

kaido
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

i just found in event viewer that the only problem is with windows search and i also googled the problem and saw that might be the biggest problem... ill just disable it (service) and do an hdd test, then ill just restart it and see whats going on, probably, computer isnt infected.
Windows Search and SearchIndexer are the biggest problems, atleast seems to me right now.
drweb didnt find more virus... only that adware... which is already deleted.

#4 kaido

kaido
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

now i found another problem: the device /Device/IDE/iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period. Event ID 9

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

Ok, if you still have issue then start a topic in the Operating system forums up top as it's not malware.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 kaido

kaido
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

thanks for help, after hdd scan i saw that alot of files are corrupted, made an chkdsk /r and everything seems to be OK.

Edited by kaido, 03 January 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

You're welcome and thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users