Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer is messed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 parkerluland

parkerluland

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hello guys I am new to this forum, but I had built a computer last year and it worked flawlessly for about four months then it started to turn itself off. So I simply switched power supplies and it worked again. Then about a month later while doin a paper for school it froze so I restarted it and it would go for about 5 mins then freeze again. Thinking it was a virus I redid my operating system and it worked for a while till the same thing happened again. Finally I redid the computer again last weekend and even without Internet hooked up it started to do it again and now when I try to start it, it will go the black windows symbol and stay there for about 5 mins then I will get the blue screen of death. So guys could u help me out on what's going on? I am pretty sure it's a hardware failure but I can't figure what would cause it.

Thank you
Parker luland

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

What are your computer's specs?

I have a suspicion that the original PSU did some damage when it began to fail.

HDD diagnostic tools (select your brand) - http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Memtest86+ - http://www.memtest.org/

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,285 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

FWIW: Memtest86+ Guide-How To's - Overclockers Forums - http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409152

Louis

#4 Smertz

Smertz

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Weird problems like this could also be caused by your memory too. Try removing a stick of memory one at a time to see if it helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users