Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Network Connections" query?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Batsu

Batsu

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 05 November 2004 - 05:39 PM

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but hope someone can advise me.

When I open up IE I no longer get the connect to internet prompt. I checked under network connections and the modem icon now has a small padlock icon on the top right so I have to connect via that.

I recently suffered a bad virus attack/spyware attack that Grinler helped me out with in the hijackthis forum. Is this something leftover from the attack and does it mean my connection is currently being hijacked to make premium rate calls somewhere? If so I better get offline :thumbsup:

Any advice gratefully received.

cheers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 06 November 2004 - 01:39 AM

Are you running spywareguard and teatimer as well as the antivirus software now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users