Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Doom 3

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ident

ident

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Was lent Doom 3 yesterday and spent the last 15 hours relaxing playing it. Not really sure what to make of this. I am not a massive game fan and i do realize it's a dated game. How ever going by it i am not sure if i like it or dislike it.

The game starts out with me(What ever my name is) trying to locate bravo team. A team that seems to be running away from me. Human company is 0 and it leaves me longing just to joining up with a few soldiers and killing a few Hell figures. This sadly never comes.

The we have the joys of are I pad touch. Interestingly enough this ones battery does not die in a few hours. This easily allows us access to 90% crap emails we get on google mail, a part from the rare 3 digit security code that "may" be hidden in the message. After about 7 videos i gave up and printed the keys. It's only ammo.

Later in the game we seem to stumble across our Army leader blowing up communications and then sending me a radio message saying communications is down???? Quite possibly if you shot it :/

So far the monsters keep in line with the original which is nice. I personally liked the touch with the flying skulls being created out of alive people. Skeleton man with rocket launches really ruined it for me. Since when did hell creatures come with rocket launches?

I am not completed yet but i am hoping i do finally meet up with some one other then a scientist who was stupid enough to look him self in a room, or stay where they are working while the whole base is under attack. The last meaningful conversation i had was a half dead soldier giving me a key before predictably dying.

Over all i just hope to reach my boss just to shoot him (what are the chances he will turn evil? ... tsk). Doom 3 is to predictable with picking up health to produce a daemon. Not slightly scary or interesting.... Though i am still playing it.

Edited by ident, 02 January 2012 - 01:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users