Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Internet Security 2012

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doctor_d

Doctor_d

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

My daughter picked up this virus 2 or 3 days ago. It appears her account (there are 3 accounts total) is the only one with the virus. I copied FixNCR.reg from a flash drive onto her desktop. When I doubld click the file I get a brief Windows message (Register Editor) which I cannot fully read because something kills the window, but it is basically a Windows warning asking if I want to continue? and then quickly goes away and does not appear to run. I assume that the virus has been updated and is preventing the FixNCR.reg program from running? Any ideas?

Edited by hamluis, 02 January 2012 - 12:48 PM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

Try fixncr in safemode

If that doesnt work

Copy malwarebytes installer on the infected PC in safemode

Right click -Run as administrator

Install,update and run a full scan

Good luck

#3 Doctor_d

Doctor_d
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Thanks......I was able to boot up in Safe Mode and run FixNCR.reg. After I ran it, a message popped up - "Cannot import c:\users\haley\desktop\FixNCR.reg: Not all data was successfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes.". Is this normal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users