Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Parallels Confixx?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 illtellyounow

illtellyounow

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:55 AM

Hi, thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer. If I type "google.com" into the address bar the site that comes up is a site in german. The site's header says Parallels Confixx, copyright 1999-2008. When translated, it shows the message "The internet pages of Confixx: the domain "google.com" is not available". At the bottom of the page in the left it says "This page is autogenerated by Parallels Confixx" and in the right it reads "powered by Parallels". I took a screenshot of the page, but I couldn't figure out how to include it in the post.

I can still get to the normal google homepage if I type "web.google.com". When I do that, the address redirects to "https://www.google.com/" with a little symbol of a lock next to it, and everything looks fine. But if I just type google.com into the address bar, I get this german website.

It all happened out of the blue. I googled something and it was fine, then a few minutes later I went to use google again and I had this issue.

I'm not sure what's up, and didn't really see any results of other people dealing with it when I did an internet search. Any ideas how to remedy this? I could just type the full address into the address bar, but if this is a sign that I might be infected with something, I'd rather take care of it than ignore it.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users