Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chased "Vista Internet Security 2012" now can't download from internet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tw-in-texas

tw-in-texas

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

So, i found this site while dealing with a "Vista Internet Security 2012" problem and was able to eliminate those symptoms, but now i can't download any files and some websites act funny (obstructed/missing images and occasional pages that paint with code-like gibberish...refresh sometimes fixes this). Google searches sometimes return a completely white page. When trying to download i get a box on the bottom of my browser window that says "[filename] was reported as unsafe." Options presented are "Delete" or "View Downloads".

This machine is Windows Vista Home Premium (Svc Pack 2) running IE 9.0.8112.16421. Norton was running from the beginning on this machine, but the subscription expired quite some time ago so its protection has expired. There are 7 total user accounts configured on this machine.

I browsed the net and read many of your postings for similar issues. Using another computer that is not infected, i was able to download several files including rkill, FixNCR, and MBAM. I saved these to a flash drive and moved it to the infected computer. Through multiple iterations of these tools, and a system recovery back to my earliest available restore point, i no longer seem to have the "vista internet security 2012" symptoms. However, i'm back to some funny behavior on certain websites and i can no longer download any files from any websites. i believe these symptoms were present quite some time ago (prior to the earliest restore point) and i was not aware of them because this is my shared home computer and i rarely use it myself.

I would appreciate any help you can provide with cleaning up this machine. i would rather not have to resort to a full restore since i have quite a bit of software installed that would take a lot of time to reconfigure. Thanks again in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users