Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

JavaRA 1.16 breaks Java Update's jusched???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LMoseley

LMoseley

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

I have two different computers that I have used JavaRA v1.16 on, and doing so seems to break something about Java Update's jusched utility. At bootup, I get a Windows error message. The suggested fix from Micro$oft is to install the latest version of Java, which I have done, and uninstalled, and installed again, with the same results... jusched crashed when it runs at bootup.

Has anyone else noticed this? Ir come up with a fix?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

JavaRa is a tool that removes old versions of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). Did you run it prior to downloading \ installing JavaJRE?

The latest recommended version of Java (JRE) is Version 6 Update 30. It can be downloaded HERE. There is also a link there to Remove Older Versions.

Although you may have already gone through the steps above, I would recommend trying one more time.

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 LMoseley

LMoseley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

JavaRa is a tool that removes old versions of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). Did you run it prior to downloading \ installing JavaJRE?

No, I already had JRE v6.30 installed. I wanted to remove the traces of the older installations, which is what JavaRA is supposed to do.

The latest recommended version of Java (JRE) is Version 6 Update 30. It can be downloaded HERE.

Yep. The version verifier there shows that JRE v6.30 is installed.

There is also a link there to Remove Older Versions.

That link basically says to use the ADD/REMOVE found in the Control Panel. No older versions are shown in the Control Panel, just v6.30 and Java Updater (which is what is giving the problem, and which does not have a "remove" link.)

Although you may have already gone through the steps above, I would recommend trying one more time.

Done, with no change in outcome.

???

#4 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

Your comments, "jusched crashed when it runs at bootup" and "seems to break something about Java Update's jusched utility" are a little confusing. Can you tell us in detail exactly what happens?

In the past, I have used JavaRA before downloading and installing current Java JRE versions. The only thing I can think of that relates to jusched.exe not working properly for you is that somehow you've unchecked the automatic update option in the Java Control Panel.

#5 LMoseley

LMoseley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

After researching further on the net, it seems that this error, and some others, occur when some Java files are deleted and the corresponding registry entries are not deleted.

This batch file deletes all of the erroneous Java registry keys, and then I was able to reinstall Java from scratch, from the Java.com website:

FIXJAVA.BAT

reg query hklm\software\classes\installer\products /f "java(tm) 6" /s | find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > deljava.txt
for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%a in (deljava.txt) do reg delete %%a /f
del deljava.txt
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\wow6432node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" /f

How does it work? It works very well. Beyond that, I don't know.

#6 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

I'm glad you found a fix. I'm surprised JavaRA left any remnants in the Registry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users