Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer not responding.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bosnrogers

Bosnrogers

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

My laptop has been having problems with slow running internet, internet explorer has stopped working messages etc. The operating system is Windows Vista and I recently had to follow the directions from here to remove the Vista 2012 Security Virus. The internet was already running slow and stalling prior to this though.

In addition the system is constantly reporting 100% CPU usage not to mention that it won't allow me to turn on Windows Defender under any circumstances (A message box comes up asking me if i want to turn it on but if I do, nothing happens, I can't click on anything and eventually the message box just disappears without anything happening). Occassionally it cites error 0x800106ba.

Windows Security Shield symbols have also appeared on my desktop icons for Malwarebytes Anti-malware, Install Verizon Fios and Resume Fios Activation.

I have been using Windows Security Essentials and the Verizon Family Protection antivirus programs but clearly these aren't adequate.

Any help I can get to get back my computer/internet speed and advice on possible viruses that could be causing the problems would be greatly appreciated. Hate having to watch my son trying to play on-line games and everything just keeps freezing or not responding...

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users