Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plug-in Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nanababy

Nanababy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hi,
This is my first time posting - so please forgive any mistakes in protocol.
I received a DVD-ROM version of Hoyle Card Games put out by ENCORE. I installed it on my desktop and played the games with no problem. Then I accessed it on my HP 10.1" laptop through my HOME GROUP network. It was working fine - suddenly, I got a flash of a message about the Plugin and the screen went blank. The computer shut down and I am unable to turn it back on - I push the button - the light blinks and goes off. I get nothing. Can't push the F8 or any other button fast enough.
Any ideas???? All help is greatly appreciated. The laptop is running WIN7.
Thanks! Nanababy

Edited by Nanababy, 02 January 2012 - 01:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

Hello -
I also have 2 Hoyle game CD / DVDs. My problem is that most of these games are designed for XP systems at best.
The original version of Hoyle Card Games was put out by the brand "Sierra".
As I had not wanted to install them on my Win 7, I had not thought of setting them to "Work with earlier settings".

I do not think that this game is your major problem.
Try to start your computer in Safe Mode first - Directions at the Intro to Windows Forum -
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
Go to > Start > Control Panel > Programs and Settings and uninstall the Hoyle program, unless it has its own unstaller.

Then reboot and try to restart in Normal mode -

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 02 January 2012 - 04:22 AM.

#3 Nanababy

Nanababy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the reply. I can't start in ANY mode. When I push the power button - it flickers and stops! I can't get any screen to come up at all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users