Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Activate downloaded program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 esmo

esmo

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

I tried to install the free version of Spamfighter, but when it came to activation I got a message saying it was impossible to connect to the server and to check my connections which are good. I tried another similar type program called Bullguard and got the same result. I ran anti virus programs and tried again without success. I then tried a cd burner program, and had no problem installing and running the app. I am running xp pro sp3. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

Why...did you decide to try to install malware-defense programs...at this time?

What other such programs (e.g., firewall, AV, etc.) are currently installed on your system?

What is the link from which you downloaded said program?

Can you go to Windows Update and successfully check for critical updates?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users