Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank screen after start-up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sandybay two

sandybay two

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi All,Would appreciate some help with my current problem which leaves the system frozen.The cursor moves around ok but apart from a line down the screen about quarter way in from the left,the screen is blank. I am running
System details are as follows:HP Compaq DX2200 MT Intel ® Pentium ® 4CPU 3.20 GHZ,896 MB ram.
Microsoft windows XP version 2002 service pack 3
Browser 8, virus protection-Bitdefender.

I have been able to get the page up after hitting Control,Alt, Delete and this shows zero action on the CPU.
After about 30 mins the system gets going and starts up.I have at this point had a message to say that the firewall protection is switched off. Does this sound like some kind of contention between programs I am running or,perhaps a virus lurking somewhere.
At present the system is running normally and next time I switch on it may be fine.If it is a hardware prob I will probably junk the machine as it is getting a bit past it now.
many thanks
Sandybay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:31 AM

Hi Sandybay -
Please use Speccy to provide details of your computer's configuration.

Download, install, and run

After Speccy has finished gathering information, click File > Publish Snapshot

In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.

A web address will be displayed, click Copy to Clipboard and paste it in your next post.
This will help us see some hardware an some software problems -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users