Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

whats the recommended program to delte temporary files, cookies, and history

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xtreme1

xtreme1

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

I forgot the program that I saw recommended on here before... it was a small free program that did these exact functions....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:46 AM

I think you're talking about TFC. You can download it at this link.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

TFC only cleans temp folders. TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

Is this what you are looking for? ATF Cleaner.

I use both programs on a regular basis.

#4 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

My favourite is DISK CLEANER: http://www.diskcleaner.nl/download

#5 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

Queen-Evie, will ATF work with all Windows OS? I use CCleaner (not the registry part) for my WinXP Pro and it does everything the OP mentioned. Should I change?

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

In my opinion you should not use any 3rd party app to delete ANY files. Just go into the temp folder and delete what you want.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

Queen-Evie, will ATF work with all Windows OS? I use CCleaner (not the registry part) for my WinXP Pro and it does everything the OP mentioned. Should I change?

I use it in on XP and Win7 systems. It's your call what program to use.

In my opinion you should not use any 3rd party app to delete ANY files. Just go into the temp folder and delete what you want.

You are entitled to your opinion. Care to elaborate on WHY that is your opinion?

I have used ATF Cleaner and TFC for a long time and neither has caused any problems.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 02 January 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

I use CCleaner to automatically do this stuff. AFAIK, it's the only product that can be set up to do it automatically. Obviously it's the only thing I use CCleaner for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users