Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internal hardware classifications

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

after reading through the internal hardware topics, everytime i see an internal hardware problem regarding laptops i just can't see how a non-expert could solve the problem without openening the unit... which is ill to advise. any others care to chime in this idea?

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,796 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

even if the problem couldn't be solved without opening the unit; the internal components function just the same as they do on a desktop (with few exceptions). Thus, one can still often identify the problem component so that the OP knows which part needs replacing or at least narrow things down and identify next steps.

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

There are also some components that are easily accessible even on a laptop and that dont void a warranty. This includes memory and hard drives on some models.

#4 synergy513

synergy513
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

ok, i can see more of the logic. i had a laptop years ago, and of course it came with baggage. the internal components were quite intricate and more so jammed in confined space for a novice to understand video or power supply adversity. memory upgrades were certainly feasible to an amateur in the laptop realm. everytime i read a bc thread in the internal hardware forum, i would enjoy knowing if it was a laptop problem in the first place so i could get my indifference game on . i do enjoy reading the internal hardware forums for the desktops .

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users