Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Computer Restarts and Freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ruanddu

ruanddu

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hello,

I bought a HP P6510f PC about 1.5 years ago. In the past month the computer started having problems. The first sign of problems was powering on and the computer would not boot up but instead go to a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the top left corner of screen. I ran a diagnostic through the internal software, I believe it's called PC Doctor and all componenets checked out fine - RAM, CPU, Hard Drive, etc. I then decided to reinstall windows 7. After installing the computer started to work like new again, except the next day it restarted itself and went to a black screen. It's done this a few times now. Sometime it boots up fine, other times it gets stuck and won't boot, just a black screen or the HP screen welcome screen with option for setup f10 (though won't respond).

Any ideas what might be going on? Are there ways I can check for internal malfunctioning hardware?

I did go into event viewer and noticed a few errors under System and Application that I have pasted below -

Critical - Kernel 41 power "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Error - Event 20 - Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 for x64-based Systems (KB954430).
Also, this shows up as "error" - "The previous system shutdown at 12:37:29 AM on ‎12/‎31/‎2011 was unexpected"

Event "1014" Name resolution for the name isatap.click-network.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Event 59, Side By Side - Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\search enhancement pack\search helper\sepsearchhelperie.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\search enhancement pack\search helper\sepsearchhelperie.dll" on line 2. Invalid Xml syntax.

Error 11935 - Product: MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) -- Error 1935. An error occured during the installation of assembly component {7B30B69B-0E6C-B7E0-A06B-D6B9ABF34537}. HRESULT: 0x80070BC9. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: Microsoft.MSXML2,type="win32",version="4.20.9870.0",publicKeyToken="6bd6b9abf345378f",processorArchitecture="x86"

Please let me know if there are other things I can try to figure out the problem at hand. Thanks so much for any help you can offer!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems/Windows-7-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor/td-p/182921

I suggest running the appropriate hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic...on your hard drive. Do not use PC Doctor.

Free Hard Drive Testing Tools - Hard Drive Diagnostics - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/tophddiag.htm

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users