Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic Card issue???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brandontech4294

brandontech4294

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

Ok so recently I bought an EVGA Nvidia GTS 450 SuperClocked. From what I can see, videos such as Youtube videos or even watching DVD's and such, the area where the video is framed is flickering and flashing colors. Either way, this is not a problem for the rest of the screen, in fact I play games with no problem at all, and ONLY where the video is being displayed is where the issue is because even when the video is flickering, the rest of the screen is fine, its just the video that is flickering.

----------SYSTEM SPECS-----------

Windows Vista 32bit
AMD Athlon X2 6000 3.2Ghz *factory overclocked*
3GB RAM
EVGA GTS 450 SuperClocked 1GB GDDR5
400Watt PSU
Nvidia Socket AM2 mATX Motherboard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

What programs do you use to watch Youtube and DVDs?

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#3 brandontech4294

brandontech4294
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Well when you watch youtube videos, they only have one player that's universal -_-, so I presume Adobe Flash Player for that, as for DVD's I use Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center.
On my original GT240 I never had these problems, it wasn't until I used my new GTS 450 that I started getting problems.

#4 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

I meant the browser you use.

Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Nvidia's website?

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#5 brandontech4294

brandontech4294
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

I use Firefox and/or Internet Explorer 8, and Yes I have the latest Drivers for Nvidia in-fact I did a whole clean re-install for the drivers, uninstalling the old ones, going to safe-mode and using DriverSweeper to clean the rest and then re-installing the new ones...same problem :(

#6 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Suggestions:
  • Download Security Check and run as Admin. After it completes its scan, it will automatically open notepad with the results. Copy that to your next reply.
  • Turn off Hardware Acceleration. Go to Tools > Options. Under the Performance tab, you will see an area marked DVD and video playback. Uncheck the box that says Turn on DirectX video Acceleration for WMV files.
  • Try to watch videos in Safe Mode.
  • Download VLC. Unzip to your desktop and attempt to watch a DVD.

Please report back any changes, good or bad, from all of this.

Edited by LucheLibre, 01 January 2012 - 06:17 PM.

~ LL ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users