Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Build 7601 Locale 1033

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rcbrandon

rcbrandon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

Since I installed windows 7 professional, if my computer sits idle for longer than a few minutes it goes to the Blue Screen of Death...only it's not the typical blue. Its actually changing "test patterns" of pink & purple colors. There's no way out except to shut down my computer and restart. Then I get a message that "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown." The description of the problems means very little to me but reads as follows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 845B7510
BCP2: 910428FE
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\123011-13078-01.dmp
C:\Users\rcb\AppData\Local\temp\WER-512406-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

Seems to relate to your video card and blame the driver.
To start, please download a fresh set of WHQL certified drivers from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us
Then uninstall the current drivers using Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
Then install the freshly downloaded drivers and see if that fixes things

Download (Temp File Cleaner) TFC Cleaner from http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/download/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/
Double click the black garbage can and press Run - It will show OK when finished.
Please reboot after you have finished

Good luck -

Edited by noknojon, 31 December 2011 - 03:10 AM.

#3 rcbrandon

rcbrandon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions. When my computer rebooted I got a notice that said "Driver for the following device failed to install properly..." I ran the Invidia driver scanner and got a message that I already had the most up to date drivers installed :( I'm not very good at this. If there is anything else I can do please speak s-l-o-w-l-y.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users