Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble With Downloading a Game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy92

Jeremy92

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

So I am trying to download a game called TalonRO. The problem I am running into is that I download the file in google chrome and when it finishes downloading I click it and then nothing happens. After a while the screen pops up saying "Are you sure you want TalonRO to change your computer" - The normal message I get when downloading anything. Then after I click yes nothing happens. I had the game working before and all I did was kept trying and kept waiting and after a couple days it finally opened the installer for me and once that was opened I had no problems with anything. I don't know what the problem is and I thought maybe I just need to re-download the file from the website so I tried to delete the file I had already downloaded by searching for it in the search bar when you press the windows button, and then right clicking and deleting it. But when I right click the file my computer gets really laggy and weird and I end up having to just shut down. Also my computer has been acting really weird lately, so I of course (being the computer moron I am) jumped the to conclusion that it has a virus, but when I did a full scan my computer said everything is fine, my friend told me to download ccleaner so I did but I don't really know how to use it well so I'm pretty sure I didn't use it correctly and that's why it didn't help me very much. I also used windows basic defrager and defraged my computer. But none of this has really done anything. I'm pretty much at the point where I have no idea what's wrong and what to do about it. Quite a hopeless situation for me at the moment, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

EDIT: Recently I've been thinking it might be best to delete everything that isn't needed on my computer and just start from scratch, but I don't know how to do that safely and I don't want to ruin anything so yeah. Is that even worth doing/a good idea?

Edited by Jeremy92, 30 December 2011 - 03:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

copy/past from the site i got to when i google TalonRo, it is not a game but a low rate server ,to play a online game called Raganarok ,what ever that is ,im not a gamer so i don't know ,but seems to me you need both the file you already download plus you need to download the game Ragnarok.

copy/past below from other site
Hello, and welcome to TalonRO! Are you looking for a new place to play Ragnarok Online for free? TalonRO is your place to be. We are a low-rate server with dynamic 5x/5x/3x (up to 8x/8x/3x) rates and no wipes ever! This means even after you come back after a break of a year, your characters and items will all still be here and ready for action.

did you download the full installler here ,
http://www.talonro.com/download.php?sak=no

Edited by caperjac, 31 December 2011 - 08:37 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

CCleaner is a very powerful application, and depending what you did with it, you may inadventently have caused some problems. You may want to try a system restore to a point before using CC. Again, it might help to know what other problems you have been having lately with your computer, as these might give insight about the game problem.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Jeremy92

Jeremy92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

I kind of want to completely clear my computer. Although I am planning on buying a new gaming computer since Diablo3 is coming out =D. I'm probably gonna try to read up on what I want to have on the new comp cause I'd like to just have the minimum of stuff, and delete any programs I don't need and just keep things simple. If I keep this computer would completely clearing and re installing windows 7 onto this computer be a good idea? Is something better than Window7?

Oh and yes I did download the full installer from that link, and thanks for the tips for CCleaner.

Edited by Jeremy92, 01 January 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:10 AM

. If I keep this computer would completely clearing and re installing windows 7 onto this computer be a good idea? Is something better than Window7?

that would be a good idea, as far as windows goes ,win7 is your best choice i think ,win8 is not coming for a few more yrs

#6 Jeremy92

Jeremy92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

Currently I'm having the problem of when I go into my computer then into downloads then I scroll down to the file TalonRO_Full and I try to right click it to delete it. The "Downloads page" becomes unresponsive and I can't close out of it or continue with attempting to delete TalonRO_Full. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Ctr+Alt+Delete doesn't even open while the download page is "(Not Responding)".

#7 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

try hitting f8 on bootup and going into safe mode to see if it will uninstalll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users