Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 1234F: Would Not Boot or Load BIOS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HAS0586

HAS0586

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

Hi everyone!

This morning I powered up my PC and got this error, 1234F:

Tried pressing 1 and nothing happened. Restarted and tried to get into the BIOS by pressing DEL, but the BIOS wouldn't load. Opened up the computer and unplugged all my hard drives and unneeded USB devices. Got into the BIOS fine after that. Powered down and reconnected the boot drive and everything booted up fine. Ran a quick test on the hard rive using the Seagate Seatools utility and it passed. Reconnected the other drives and again, everything checked out fine. I hope to run longer tests on my drives later this morning just to make sure.

I did have a Ubuntu live usb stick plugged in, but I have this plugged in often and have never had a problem. Tried recreating the problem by reconnecting everything and restarting but everything booted up fine.

The only things I have done to the PC is swap out two internal hard drives two days ago. I also have been having problems with my USB ports which I haven't figured out yet, this will probably be the subject of another thread! :)

So everything seems to be running fine now but I am a little worried about what might have caused my problem and if it is an indication of another problem? Is there anything I need to check?

Thanks in advance!

Windows 7 SP1
Intel Core i7 930
12gb Ram
Asus p6t deluxe v2 motherboard
Nvidia GTX-260
XFX 650w PSU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

Hi and welcome -
Worth a read If a disk error occours, the MBR will display it's prompt. ... The prompt for this mode looks like this: 1234F

Regards -

#3 HAS0586

HAS0586
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

Hi and welcome -
Worth a read If a disk error occours, the MBR will display it's prompt. ... The prompt for this mode looks like this: 1234F

Regards -

Thanks for the reply and for the link, very helpful!

I realized it was a MBR problem after I posted. I did forget to mention that I tried to hit Enter and 1, but all it did was restart the computer where the error came up again. After this I disconnected everything and after starting up once and then reconnecting the drives, windows booted just fine.

Do you think I should try to repair the MBR, even though everything seems fine now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users