Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia Optimus technology not working?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joeyshmoey

joeyshmoey

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

Yesterday, with the help of an IT employee at work I ran a combofix scan on my laptop. Everything was working fine, but when I got home and tried to run Battlefield 3 my computer would not switch to the nvidia gpu. I have tried a clean install of several pc games aswell as a clean install of nvidia drivers but still have the same problem. I have seen a posts of other people with similar issues, but have not seen any solution aside from restoring the computer to a point from before the combofix scan. Any ideas on how to fix this? Also please let me know if there is any information I can provide that would make diagnosing this problem easier. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joeyshmoey

joeyshmoey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

*I am running Windows 7 64 and my graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT 555M

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

Well...I guess that I wonder why you posted under the hardware forum.

You seem to have or have had...malware issues...those can cause any number of followon problems.

<<Everything was working fine, but when I got home and tried to run Battlefield 3 my computer would not switch to the nvidia gpu.>>

Does that mean that the system actually worked properly...or works properly...other than when you try to play this game?

System manufacturer and model?

Any onscreen error messages? If so, please provide exact wording.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users