Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:14 AM
I am hoping someone can provide some help in this matter.
I cannot access the internet through my modem. the other laptop in my home can. When I check the IP address, I see that it starts with 169, and from what I have seen, that is bad.
Here are the details from the network connection. I am running Windows 7:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix: westell.com
Description: Intel® WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Physical Address: 00-1E-65-66-1C-90
DHCP Enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address: 169.254.159.241
IPv4 Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
IPv4 Default Gateway:
IPv4 DNS Server: 10.0.0.1
IPv4 WINS Server:
NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled: Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address: fe80::d49f:2c4d:99fb:9ff1%10
IPv6 Default Gateway:
IPv6 DNS Server:
I am a novice at computing, but can usually figure things out with good instruction. I have tried several things based on advice from other forumns, to include:
1. Went to cmd prompt and tried to release and renew ipconfig. Got this message: "an error occured while releasing interface wireless network connection: The RPC server is unavailable.
2. Went to control panel/network and sharing center/change adapter settings then disabled and enable device
3. Went to properties of device, then uncheck QoS packet scheduler, then went bck in and checked it again
4. Went to services and located DHCP client.It is not listed as being started. When I tried to start it, it said : "Windows
could not start the DHCP client service on local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group
failed to start.
5. Tried to restore system to previous point from yesterday...did not work, go an error that said system resotre failed to extract the file C:/Windows\$NtUninstallKB62280$\485945278 from the restore point. the restore point was damaged or deleted.
6. Created new registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters, with no luck.